Thursday, May 8, 2014

Maple walnut banana muffins


Ummm yes I do have a surplus of bananas at the moment due to them being on special this week. When they get too ripe I will freeze some for baking and making smoothies later. Frozen bananas make the best smoothies :-)
Tonight I whipped up these golden muffins as I already had the oven on to cook a quiche for our dinner. This also means I have a ready made semi-healthy option for desert and something quick to put in the girls lunch-boxes tomorrow. 

Maple walnut banana muffins.

  • 2 1/2 cups of self raising flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 small overripe bananas mashed
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup vanilla yoghurt
  • 70 gm walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 180C . Sift flour and baking soda into a bowl, stir in oats and brown sugar. Beat together eggs, maple syrup, oil and yoghurt then gently fold into the dry ingredients together with the mashed bananas until mixture is just combined. Do not over mix unless you want your muffins to have little mountains in the middle of them :-)
Spoon the muffin mixture into muffin tins lined with muffin paper-cases.( I always use muffin paper-cases as it makes cleaning the muffin pan much easier)  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and golden.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those sound yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

Karen said...

We hardly ever have bananas in our house except for me. When my son was born bananas were in very short supply due to cyclone wiping out most of the crops in Australia. Naturally the price was sky high. Consequently when he started eating solids he never had them and even now the supply is back to normal he isn't interest in them. He likes apples and pears which were the fruits readily available when he started eating solids. I used to cook up batches and freeze them. So easy to do too. You are very organised cooking muffins while the oven was on. I was thinking I wonder would one of those muffins be nice with some ice cream for desert? And of course a cup of tea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...